Thursday, 12 June 2008 12:00 AM
Those looking for a Father’s Day gift and coming up short could do a lot worse than getting a couple of tickets to the British International Motor Show in London.
The twelve-day event is set to attract over half a million people, making it the biggest automotive show in the UK.
With over six hundred cars, plenty of global premieres, a number of relaxing water-side cafés and some impressive super yachts, the show could be a special occasion for fathers with a penchant for all things engine-driven.
In addition to the strong line-up of new cars to suit all lifestyles and budgets, visitors can also look forward to brand new features including:
- The Heritage Enclosure and Parade – reminisce with your Dad about the supercars from yesteryear within the Heritage Enclosure, and enjoy the spectacle as gorgeous machinery is paraded around the concourse. Help him relive the memories of his favourite motoring pin-ups from his youth.
- The Autoglym Supercar Paddock – a high-octane collection of exotic marques, the Autoglym Supercar Paddock is Dad’s chance to get up close and personal with some of the fastest, sexiest, most expensive and highly revered performance cars on the planet.
- The Marine Experience – enjoy the Monaco-style glamour of the million pound yachts moored along the Dockside and take to the water with the Try-A-Boat opportunities within the Marine Experience – the perfect chance for some quality time with Dad.
- Dreamscape: Honda’s Live Action Arena – this live action stunt show will provide all the excitement and wheel-spinning action you could both want.
- The Motor Show Music Festival – enjoy fantastic music from world-famous acts in the impressive dockside arena. Artists include UB40, Status Quo, Blondie, Squeeze, Here and Now 80s Tour and Jools Holland featuring Marc Almond. For once don’t be ashamed to let Dad dance and sing along to his heart’s content!
- Land Rover’s Ultimate Experience – give your Dad a taste of adventure with the Land Rover ‘Ultimate Experience’. With a professional driver at the wheel, put your Dad through an awe-inspiring, gravity-defying climb up a 10 metre high mountain, negotiate treacherous side slopes and hair raising descents or let him drive himself on the ‘mini’ terrapod off-road course in the latest Land Rover.
- Garmin Great British Drives – the Garmin Great British Drives will take you on a journey through a variety of driving experiences without leaving ExCeL. You’ll experience all the sights, smells and sounds of some of the most breathtaking driving routes in the British Isles. There’s also the opportunity to win a weekend driving holiday to experience one of the routes!
- My Car is the Star – The ultimate act of love would be to win your Dad the chance to see his own car proudly displayed at The British International Motor Show. Simply send a photograph of him with his car to firstname.lastname@example.org along with 150 words on what his car means to him. Hundreds of runners up will be able to see themselves pictured with their car on a huge “My Car is the Star” wall of fame at the Show.
Marketing director Kirsty Perkinson said: “There is so much at this year’s show to make a visit an incredible day out!
“Combining fast cars, amazing stunts and a whole host of interactive features the Motor Show is a great place for you to bring your Dad and give him a Father’s Day present he’ll never forget.”