Tuesday, 16 October 2007 12:00 AM
The National Farmers Union Mutual (NFU Mutual) is urging drivers to check their motor insurance before setting off for the Rugby World Cup final this weekend.
The tournament reaches its conclusion on Sunday, with England surprise finalists.
However, NFU Mutual has raised concerns with motorists their insurance may not cover them on the other side the Channel.
“As people frantically book up the remaining Channel crossings in the hope of seeing their team lift the trophy for a second time, insurance is probably the last thing on their mind,” commented Laura Wood from NFU Mutual.
“However, driving on unfamiliar foreign roads can be a tricky business. It is important that you check whether you are covered in the event of an accident or theft whilst you drive through France.”
Other concerns have also been raised by NFU Mutual, and the following checks have been recommended by the organisation.
- Ensure all fluids are topped up.
- Make sure all tyres are at the correct pressure.
- Secure euro-wide mechanical breakdown cover.
- Get some euro coins to pay tolls on the French roads.
- Check maps are up to date or sat-nav systems cover your destination.